Recently cracked

Thursday 4 August 2011

Two Signings andWenger needs toweigh up buyingBarton

Nigel Winterburn has spoken
bout that little r**t Barton and
from what he say’s, I’m not sure
that he would be too keen to
see him playing in a read and
white shirt:
I think you know that he’s
got that competitive edge
on the pitch and occasionally
it’s going to let him down
and it has done before.
He’s tried to control that,
but from Arsene Wenger’s
point of view he would need
to think that he could
control him off the pitch.
You can’t have anyone
disruptive around the
training ground. It’s OK to
have an opinion as a player
as long as it’s constructive
but not if it’s malicious, so
Arsene Wenger would need
to weigh that up.
In terms of talent and the
fact he’s on a free
transfer, I would have
thought there would be a
host of clubs after him. He’s
the type of player that, on
a free transfer, a lot of
clubs in the Premier League
will be looking at.
You’ve got to weigh up with
Joey Barton whether you
can control his
temperament, more off the
pitch than anything else.
Well, we may need a player like
him in our midfield but do we
really need a git like him
associated to our club – Nah, I
don’t think so….
On to the signings:
Firstly, Kyle Bartley signed a new
deal with the club yesterday
which personally I believe is
great news. This lad may still be
a raw player but he’s big, strong
and he’s going to be good. We all
know by now he excelled last
season at Rangers in a tough
Scottish League where hard
tackling is an every day
occurence. I don’t think we’ll see
him shirking his duties in the
defence.
Ok, he’s still young and
inexperienced in the Premier
League but I’m darn sure most
Arsenal Fans would rather see
him coming off of the bench
rather than Squilli.
Secondly, Tony Roberts, ex Welsh
international goalkeeper has
finally given up playing the game
to take on full-time goalkeeping
coach at the Club, he’ll work
alongside Gerry Peyton.
I didn’t need too much
convincing, it’s Arsenal,
when they ask you to go
full-time you don’t think
about it, it’s something that
you have got to do.
I’ve had a great career and
have been going for 25
years. I was going to sign
another year for Dagenham
but when the opportunity
arose to go full-time, I had
to do it.
It had been coming.
Obviously, I wanted to play
as long as I could but I had
to hang up my gloves one
day and now was a good
time.
At last, someone knew how good
it is to sign for us…
Roberts had previously worked
for Arsenal on a part-time basis
but now that’s all changed. He’s
42 years old today so Happy
Birthday to him.
That’s it for today folks, other
than to remind you all that
Highbury House has its own
Fantasy Football League, thanks
to regular blogger Rocastle who
has set it all up. If you are
interested, which I’m sure you
are just click on the link in the
side bar or at the top of the
page….
Go on, you know you want to,
it’s FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment