Recently cracked

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Arsenal to signstriker Chu YoungPark

Arsenal Football Club can confirm
they have agreed to sign striker
Chu Young Park from AS Monaco.
The 26-year-old South Korea
captain scored 25 times in 91
appearances for the French club
during three seasons in Ligue 1.
The one-time Asian Young
Footballer of the Year made his
debut for the South Korea
senior side at just 19, and
played in both the 2006 and
2010 World Cups. He replaced the
retired Ji Sung Park as captain
of the national team earlier this
year.
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger
said: “We are delighted to have
signed Chu. He will add true
quality to our attacking forces
and will be a valuable addition to
the squad.”
Chu Young Park said: "I am very
honoured and I feel very happy
to be at Arsenal. It is a dream to
be here and I am really proud to
be an Arsenal player. Now I just
want to show how good I am and
prove myself.
"In my opinion this is a great
club, now I have to show what I
can do on the pitch. I will do my
best, I will never give up, I will
show heart, I will give everything
and I hope [the fans] will support
me."
The deal is subject to the
completion of formal registration
processes.
Chu Young Park will wear the No
9 shirt at Arsenal. The striker
prefers to be known as 'Ju' and
will therefore have J. Y. Park as
his shirt name.

No comments:

Post a Comment